BITAN is a non-governmental organization working for more than 8 years to provide quality integrated services to the underprivileged sections of the community with particular focus on Young people of age group 10-24 years.
BITAN started working as a resource organization with a pool of resource team giving technical support to other NGOs in terms of capacity building, project designing, project monitoring & evaluation. Gradually there came a realization that it is very important to have field level experience in order to bring practicality to trainings BITAN imparts.
Although BITAN is a small organization, it is carrying huge responsibilities with the active support of the governing body members and young, energetic, dynamic professionals who are doing their work with great commitment. In this short time period BITAN was privileged enough to work with various Government departments .More than 90% of the work has been with them.
BITAN choose adolescent youth as one the prime target group as this is the section covering larger percentage of the entire population. This is the section which has immense power to bring change and carry bigger responsibilities, yet they are neglected and have not been given much importance. Making them empowered is empowering the nation.
BITAN has been able to move from a small organization to a scale where they have been successful in creating youth platforms where the empowered youths advocate issues related to their rights and entitlements. These youth groups are continuously nurtured and groomed by BITAN so that they can handle adolescent issues with independence and maturity. Result of this initiative was 3 youth organizations in 3 districts who are now independently working with only BITAN’s technical support. In the next 4 years BITAN aims to create such youth organizations in all districts of West Bengal.
1.Registered under Societies Registration Act, Government of West Bengal.
2. Registered under FCRA, Government of India.
3. Registration of 80G & 12A under IT Act( ** For Indian tax payers, donations to charities are tax exempt under Section 80G of the IT Act 1961)
• To undertake need based program for adolescents & youths, women and children as well as for people under difficult circumstances.
• To conduct participatory research and take action using human resources and natural resources in the field of health, nutrition, education and environment.
• To develop human resources in GOs, NGOs and communities through appropriate training intervention.
• To develop village based strategy and networking for providing need based education and awareness to the community.
• To produce different information, education and communication (IEC) materials for behavior change in the field of health, nutrition and education.
• To operate research, training and development in the field of environmental health adopting appropriate intervention strategy.
Mal, Matiali, Nagrakata, Madarihat, Kalchini, Alipurduar1, Alipurduar 2, Kumargram
Budgebudge1, Budgebudge2, Kakdwip, Joynagar Mojilpur Municipality, Pujali Municpality, Budge Budge Municipality, New Barrack Pore
Dinhata 1, Dinhata2, Mathabhanga1, Mathabhanga2, Tufangunj1, Tufangunj2, Sitai, Sitalkuchi
M.B.B.S.S (Child Specialist)
M.Sc in Food & Nutrition
Master in Social Work
Trained MBTI Psychometric Test Analyst
M.Sc in Mathematics & Communication Expert
Master in Rural Development& Management
Master in Mass Communication
Master in Computer Application (MCA)
Graduate with more than 5 years experience in NGO field